<VV> Lifter ticking

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Aug 17 14:34:03 EDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: mrmaxum

Installed push rod seals in my 62 rampside, when we put it back together there
was a lifter ticking we adjusted the valves cold and just be be sure they were
correct we adjusted them hot. Still ticking does anyone have any ideas how to
cure this without tearing down the motor it did not hurt the performance of the
motor just really don't want to listen the ticking.   Thanks

No need to tear down the engine...

Determine which side it is on.... warm engine...... pull valve cover  and with engine idling  put your finger on the top of each rocker... the one ticking will make your finger jump...others will be smooth.

Check rocker ball / rocker  condition.....  and only work with that one....    lifter may be dirty and just need cleaning.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages