<VV> Cleaning gas tank

Scott Ferguson phantomracer77 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 30 10:15:15 EDT 2015

To all,
Forget trying to clean the tank in the car, I tried for 3 years. No matter what I tried, pressure wash, solvent, acids.  It just shows up in the filter with grans of black crap or rust particles that eventually stops up the filter and leaves you on the side of the road. There you are on the side of the road where you remove the filter blow the crap out of the filter and blow the hose back to the tank. Even tried a double filters. Just when I thought I had finally won, the carburetors started running lean on one side. Pulled Carbs, opened them up and in the bottom of the bowls there was almost an 1/8 inch of really fine rust.Pull the tank it is not that big of task.Scott FergusonPhantom RacersAustin Texas