<VV> CLEANING GAS TANK

James Weppelman jweppel at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 30 21:07:22 EDT 2015

Yinz guys,Call me cheap, but I have done 2 gas tank cleanings without removing from car. One tank was sitting for at least 15 years(wagon), the other at least 6yrs(a/c Monza cpe)I would start out by removing the sending unit. Mine on both where so clogged I had to DRILL them out, and replaced with new socks and o ring gasket.I washed the tank out with water, putting the hose in any way you can. I have used a pressure washer, but on the one I just used a hose nozzle that came out in a stream. I would flush two or three times, then I brake out the tide or dawn soap. Stick in  a lot and fill with water. I would agitate with the water pressure from the hose or stick a air hose in to agitate and let it run for a while. Do this a few times.Drain and blow out with air if available, or stick some rags in the hole, you will be surprised how much you can get in there. Let dry out for a day, or two. reinstall sending unit with new sock and o ring, and put a new fuel filter in. I have had no problems. And like I said they where so bad I had to DRILL the fuel sending units open!Jim WeppelmanPittsburgh :}61 Lakewood63 spyder rag project64 Monza cpe fac a/c