<VV> BRAKES

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Dec 8 06:52:08 EST 2015

Try finding some one with a brake shoe grinder . This makes the shoes fit
the drums perfectly, and makes a WORLD of difference. Those machines were
junked  when people got afraid of asbestos dust. The machines have a decent
collector  bag on them , were made by Aamco. This really made a difference on
the Rampy. I  just got a set done for the Lakewood I am trying to build.
There are  matched to the drums.
 Old time brake shops and some auto parts stores (old fashion type)  may
still have one.
Of course , I am assuming all other aspects of the system have been
checked. Old brake hoses may look perfect , but have collapsed internally.
Cylinders may have a sludge in them causing binding , tubing may have a
restriction  (crimp , bend )somewhere   etc etc.
Regards, Tim Colson CNYCC
http://www.cnycorvair.com/Little_Corvair_Shop.php