<VV> For Sale- '65 Greenbrier project

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Dec 20 14:22:28 EST 2015

Some of you may know John Lucke, who posted on the list
occasionally.  A while back, John bought the project '65 Greenbrier
from my girlfriend.  This Greenbrier was something we rescued a while
back from the guy who had it in north central Virginia, following its
having been sitting there for far too long, outside, in less than
outstanding conditions.

About the vehicle:

It's a chrome bumper 'Brier, padded door panels and some camping
additions inside, much of which is rather dusty musty now and needs
gutting, imho.  It has terrible paint (mostly what paint there is
left) and rust in the usual places, not too terribly bad but *will*
need attention.  Fixable.  It's certainly going to need a Clark's
patch panel or two up front in the usual spots (lower door
sills).  Likewise some attention to the back half, in the usual places.

It's a 110 Powerglide, engine and driveline are correct 1965 FC
original.   It ran well the last time it was driven, from across town
to where it is now out in the county (about 18 mile trip).

At one time in its life, this FC took an unintentional trip off-road
and strolled through the boonies, was rolled over onto its side and
the roof suffered some crumpling on the corners.  Repairs were made,
repaint etc and on down the road it went.  That was at least a couple
or more decades ago.  Since then, it has not weathered the elements
that well and most paint and bondo is now leaving the vehicle.  It IS
ugly, but not a zombie.

It will need to be trailered or dollied, since it is not driveable,
no brakes, rear drums removed because the e-brake was stuck
etc.  This means it will be a bit of a handful to move about, so be
warned.  (Rusty-stuck e-brake Y cables in back)

Still a salvageable project.  I've seen people fix worse.

About vehicle's current status:

John bought this 'Brier in the spring, came by to prep it for the
move (tires that hold air etc to roll it up onto a trailer).  Ran out
of daylight so planned to come back, finish up, bring a trailer etc.

Then John had a stroke that week. Again, this was last spring.  The
'Brier is still here, waiting for a reason to be.

He's unable to do what he wanted to do with it now, and unable to
come get... slow process etc with him getting back to normal.   He
wishes to resell the 'Brier.  It's my understanding he will take 600
bucks for it, as-is, which is my understanding what he has in
it.   The driveline is likely worth that much.  John has the Virginia
title, in his name.

Photos are available upon request.  Evening phone here
is:  540-427-5657  Ask for me or Linda.

This 1965 Greenbrier project is in Roanoke Virginia, Garden City
area.   I'd like to see it go to someone who will do something with
it.  And, I'd like to see John get his money back.

Thank you all for your attention.   And if you know John, send a bit
of holiday get-well wishes his way.

tony..