<VV> Need Help regarding the Vin Tag on my 65 Corsa Turbo Coupe.

Jeff Bahret jcbahret52 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 21:23:05 EST 2015

I have a problem. I recently completed a complete rotisserie restoration on
the above referenced car. I was sold the car under the advertisement of a
total original number matching vehicle. When I first looked at the vin tag
in the engine compartment, It looked good. It was a 65 Corsa Coupe, Red
with black interior. What I failed to notice was the absence of the "O"
indicating the turbo model. When I was dismantling the Corvair, I recorded
and checked all the numbers and they all matched the mid 1965 run for the
car. UNTIL, I uncovered  the secret vin under the front end carrier. There
I found the actual vin number for the Corsa. My question is two fold:
(1)Everything looks original with the engine tag, right down to the rivets.
Could the factory have mis-taged my car? (2)Is there someone who can made a
new tag for me with the correct information?
thanks............Jeff Bahret NFCC