<VV> Need Help regarding the Vin Tag on my 65 Corsa Turbo Coupe.

Dusty Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 26 02:14:16 EST 2015

It appears that you have a body that has a transplanted drivetrain, VIN, and data plate.  Since you already know the hidden serial number, I would investigate that number to learn the status of the body itself.  When it comes to VIN plates, the only proper VIN, will be the one that matches the hidden number.  Have you contacted the person that you purchased the car from to learn any history, of who did what during their ownership?  I don't believe for one moment, that the factory mis-stamped your car. You owe it to yourself to know that everything about the car is legitimate.  I wouldn't install the drivetrain in the car until you learn more.  If the body turns out to be stolen, which is a possibility, the most that you will loose is the body, since the drivetrain isn't original to the body.
Best of luck with this issue.
Paul in CT