<VV> corvair content - (sort of)

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 20:38:50 EST 2015

Trying to get a signal inside a metal building is difficult.  The steel
effectively blocks the signal.  That is why it works better with the door
open.  I was able to get a moderately decent signal in my old shop by
tacking one of the simple wire antennas (T configuration) to the trusses
near a skylight.  Where I am now, I was able to get one of the table top
radios (uses power cord for antenna) to work fairly well by placing the
radio on one side on a window sill.  I have now switched to a co-ax feed
split off my TV antenna on the roof of the house.

You might try extending your antenna lead so you can put an antenna in a
window.  If that isn't adequate, you need to get some sort of antenna
outside the building.  It won't take a very fancy unit if it is outside.
Last time I bought an antenna, it came from Radio Shack.  They probably
still have them in stock, but don't expect much help from whoever is minding
the store.

Jim Becker