<VV> Welders

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Feb 4 00:37:36 EST 2015

Interesting description of work to be done.

It is easier to install a whole quarter panel with a crappy welder than
do a neat job of patches with a good welder! A patch is all butt welded
and the welds needs to be smooth when finished. Most of a factory
quarter is plug (spot at the factory) welded along surfaces that are not
on the surface of the car.

I agree you need to buy a welder you can get the consumables for later.
Torch tips, liner, etc.

I have both a Millermatic 35 from 30 years ago and a Solar 120V unit
from 20 years ago. Both work great.

Check Craiglst for local used units you can go see work.

Frank DuVal