<VV> "Getting home" with a 64

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 05:58:04 EST 2015

I had that happen with my 64 Spyder convert on a freeway near here. I went
a short distance like that , then when I found a safe spot to get out of
traffic  , I jacked up the bad side by the spring , and used vise grips on the
 bolt to hold it . On mine , the end of the spring took a pretty bad hit ,
so I replaced it also. I have used the Clarks kits (I keep one here now)
with no  issues.  I check them on any 64 I work on. I also have  found  many
upper washers worn bad a lot.
Regards, Tim Colson