<VV> FW: Making Ink

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Mon Feb 9 08:35:36 EST 2015

I had to laugh.

From: jimchapman
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2015 7:54 AM
To: Rick Norris
Subject: Making Ink

Here is how Autosport, our big racing mag over here reported our appearance.

Note despite the clear briefing of the car's history, they managed to invent a whole new one ! I don't think I should ever believe a newspaper again !

Jim

Here is my reply:

Damn!

All I can say is they certainly vaulted my little Corvair into a realm it was never in! As you guys say, brilliant!

I’ll post this to the Corvair Racer Facebunk page.

At least they moved it up not down. Welcome to the world of Corvair misinformation we deal with all the time.

We all know the news media is always correct and honest! HA!

More than once while at a vintage race or show I was asked if Penske ever raced Corvairs. I guess now we know.

Rick