<VV> Electrical Problem

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Feb 10 16:50:44 EST 2015

Roger - The only thing I can think of would be the connection at the
starter. Perhaps you have rotated the main battery cable connector around enough
that it is touching the output lead to the coil? That hot lead from the
battery  to the starter always has 12 volts to it, (until you disconnected the
battery  end!) somehow jumping it to the coil feed would power up the coil,
keeping  the engine running, and feed 12 volts up to the dash for your
engine lights  to illuminate. The engine lights went off when the
generator/alternator  started supplying 12 volts to the other side. Check your connections
at the  starter. It is also possible for the starter solenoid to have the
same effect,  if it has an internal problem, but it is rare. It is the next
place to look  though!

- Seth Emerson

In a message dated 2/10/2015 1:39:11 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,