<VV> Help with poor idle

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Fri Feb 13 17:06:51 EST 2015

I had a similar problem with the '64' 110 in my '60.  Acted about the same.  I tried everything I could think of with no luck.  I finally decided to look one more time at the offending carb.  Though thoroughly cleaned, I checked one more time.  Something told me to check the idle tube (jet).  I had run a small wire through it previously, but maybe it wasn't clean after all.  I used some carb cleaner, again, and blew thru the idle tube with compressed air.  Imagine my surprise when a tiny blob of rubbery material popped out!  It seems that when the tiny wire was poked through the tube previously, it somehow slid past the rubbery blob giving the impression the tube was clean.
After reassembly, it ran like a million bucks.  Sounds like you may have the same sort of deal.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
'60 700 4dr '64' 110/4-spd
'63 '500' ragtop  110/pg
'65 Monza 4dr  84/pg