<VV> Spyder dash installation

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Sat Feb 14 14:34:46 EST 2015

As I recall, as far as the physical part of installing the dash goes, it was pretty much straightforward.  No curve balls, as I recall.  All the fun was in the wiring.  Some of the '60 stuff was the same, like the idiot lights.  But the gas gauges are on opposite ends, so I had to lengthen that wire.  One thing you will have to change is the location of the wiper switch.  You have to set that up like the spyder setup.  I also had to run brand new wires for the tach and temp gauge since none existed for them before.  Physically,  I test fit the spyder dash first, just to see what I would encounter.   Again, no major hurdles.  Just very tedious, like putting together a jigsaw puzzle.
Also, I believe I had to consult the '63 shop manual as well for spyder specific wiring info for the tach and temp gauge.  Again, you'll need the shop manual for the year your putting the spyder dash in, and the '63 and '64 shop manuals for clarification.  Remember, too much info is better than not enough.   Hope this helps.  Enjoy!

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
'60 700 4dr '64'110/4spd
'63 '500' ragtop  110/pg
'65 Monza 4dr  84/pg