<VV> 62-63 wiring

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 13:12:23 EST 2015

Some harnesses were different depending on model/options.  Worse yet,
sometimes they were different with dealer installed vs. factory installed
options (especially on early early models).  Sometimes the same harness was
used, leaving unused wires or connectors.  I don't know which applies in
this case.

The '62 shop manual shows a 2-conductor, 3-wire connector that plugs into
the backup switch side of the PG backup/neutral switch.  Looks like the 2
wires on one connector should be dark green and the single light green
(although all were the same color in '61)  One dark green wire feeds power
from the fuse box and the other goes on to the heater.  The light green
heads to the back of the car for the backup lights.  If this is the
connector in question, unplugged it will still feed the heater.  If you have
a manual transmission, your backup lights probably won't work unless you
jumper the 2 connectors together.  I wouldn't expect this connector to be
present on a manual shift wiring harness.

Wiring diagrams seem to be notorious with errors, so I will  cave
immediately if anyone questions these comments.

Jim Becker