<VV> Re-hang a door alone?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Feb 23 15:00:29 EST 2015

It might be easier to find a friend or two to help you - Just sayin'.
<grin> -Seth

In a message dated 2/23/2015 8:41:07 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
virtualvairs at corvair.org writes:

I  haven't replaced my door hinges yet, found some NOS ones, but plan to use
a  couple of scissors jacks but also I am going to stabilize the door  from
above with a couple of winch straps through the door window  opening,
hanging those off the garage door rails.

Also remember that  when you remove a door, the body of the car will shift
unless you stabilize  that with jack stands.

Mark the hinges on the frame and door so you  install them in the same
place, as a start.
Mark Durham
Hauser,  Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 7:29  AM, corvairduval--- via VirtualVairs <
virtualvairs at corvair.org>  wrote:

> I was a body guy and I did support many a door with a floor  jack and
> block(s) of wood.
>
> As Bryan says, support on  the flat part of the door is better than
> balancing on the pinchweld,  unless you make a slot in a block of wood to
> hold the pinchweld. But  you still have to be careful of not marring the
> outer doorskin doing  that.
>
> Original email:
> -----------------
> From:  Kinzelman, Andy via VirtualVairs virtualvairs at corvair.org
> Date: Mon,  23 Feb 2015 08:47:05 -0600
> To: ivaldes at hal-pc.org,  virtualvairs at corvair.org
> Subject: Re: <VV> Re-hang a door  alone?
>

> Ignacio,
> I am not a body guy - but I  have used a standard floor jack (with some
wood
> to protect the door  edge) to support the weight of a door as I adjust it.
> That seems to  work well enogh for me.
> Andy K.

> Change your options:
>  http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs