<VV> Re-hang a door alone?

Jim Simpson simpsonj at verizon.net
Mon Feb 23 13:53:23 EST 2015

During the Detroit CORSA convention back in the 70s, we toured the Willow
Run assembly plant.  At the time they were making Chevy Citations and their
Buick and Oldsmobile clones.

Hanging doors was interesting -- after they got the door basically in
place, the "alignment" guy used a 2x4 to adjust the final alignment.
Basically he just stuck the 2x4 in between the bottom of the door and the
sill plate and used it as a lever to get the door where he wanted it.
There were no pads or anything else to prevent marring the paint, etc.
Just a little brute force persuasion to get it in place.

Not sure I'd recommend that method, but it worked on the production line.
(I don't know if the Citation door hinges were bolted or welded.)

Jim Simpson
Group Corvair