<VV> [FC] Radio markings (no Corvair)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 11:35:49 EST 2015

When I was working at a major military tracked vehicle manufacturing
company in the 70s, we had an electronic component manufacturer come to us with
a system to bolt onto a personnel carrier. It would sound an alarm if it
detected a laser beam sweep of the vehicle. The Army wasn't interested. They
knew that the only applicable "laser" the system would be detecting was the
laser rangefinder of an opposing Tank Main Gun. The "laser ranging" was
about 10 seconds ahead of an incoming tank round. The alarm was,  essentially,
a "You're going to die in just a moment" notification.  Gee,  Thanks!

In a message dated 2/25/2015 6:27:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,