<VV> Pitman bushing tightness corrected, new problems arise

James Cuneo jamescuneo at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 19:42:52 EST 2015

Recently I posted about a tight nylon pitman bushing, solved by reaming with 9/16 drill bit. Now it has a slight interference fit and steering effort is normal.The new problem is adjusting front end camber.I recently completely rebuilt a lm front suspension for my 65 corsa.All new parts, everything, bushings, joints, HD springs, etc.Problem:  with lower control arm camber bolts set all the way out, I still have slight positive camber. I was hoping for possibly -1.I left caster adjustment where it was for now.Used string to get toe approximate.When I disassembled there where two 1/16 spacers on the drivers side upper control arm shaft.These have the effect of decreasing camber so I re installed them on that side.I effectively have no more adjustment to decrease camber, what could be the cause?The 65 chassis manual makes no mention of shimming the upper arm to correct camber.The donor front end was not in a car so I have no idea what the camber may have been originally.Donor was 65 monza.Thanks,Jim CuneoNorcal 65 corsa