<VV> Tune> 1964 personality.

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Sat Feb 28 14:30:42 EST 2015

Our older cars and their temperaments can be intimidating to many. I
encourage everyone to learn the simplest tasks that keep the car running
well. A little practice and patience, esp. with an more experienced
mechanic, will really instill confidence and the realization that  it
"ain't"  that hard.

Two things that some overlook: First, buy quality tune up parts (and other
parts too). It is hard and discouraging when we work our butts off and
something isn't functioning properly.  Second, Things get old and fail. Make
sure ALL of the pertinent parts are good.. For example, solving an ignition
problem with lousy plug wires or weak coil, bad contacts, etc. really makes
it hard. Similary, carb adjustment. Going thru and getting everything
adjusted as close to specs as possible allows you to tune the engine up
knowing you started close.

Older cars that are well-maintained will start right up and run smoothly.

Chuck S