<VV> Caveat and Question : Does Amazon have the correct starter drive?

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Tue Jan 6 02:36:45 EST 2015

Yes, I know member vendors have them, but thanks for the tip ;>~}

"Where to find them" was not the question.

I wanted to know if anyone else has tried successfully to buy Corvair parts
from Amazon, and what part number they found for the late model starter
drive?

I was surprised to find the same part that is sold at AutoZone on the Amazon
site, for half the price, still saving $10 after paying for shipping!
AutoZone could not get the part, while NAPA, O'Reilley's, Clark's and
Underground would take about a week.

Underground and Clarks (and I would gladly prefer and patronize club
members!) could not even take my order until the following Monday, while
Amazon delivered it Sunday morning (for about the same price including
shipping.)

I got a used part from a friend so all is well, but I want to know if Amazon
has the correct part to replace the wrong part?

Charlie