<VV> Two impeccable FCs up for auction

Bill Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Mon Jan 19 16:19:52 EST 2015

That differential carriers clearly NOT stock for a 1963 Rampside, nor is the rear engine door, which belies the statement that it was restored to "factory correct standard".

It also has the floor shifter. I'm not home to check this - when did they convert the shifter from the style that went through the vertical wall under the seat to the floor style that requires the hole in the gas tank?

I'm not sure that generator is correct for 1963 either - didn't the FC terminals face the rear of the car, not the top, in order to avoid shorting out with the engine lid?

They are beautiful restorations, no question about that, but they are being misrepresented by the  "Bring A Trailer" article.  In fairness, however, I do not see any statement in the eBay ad that the car was restored to "factory correct standard"

Bill Hubbell
President, Stock Corvair Group