<VV> 1963 Rampside and 1965 Greenbrier Restorations

Rod Murray rmurray at pittsburghpenguins.com
Mon Jan 19 19:57:49 EST 2015

They are both excellent restorations.  As a whole, Fc's in good condition have seen nice value upticks in the last few years . Nada books since 2011 show average condition 61-64 Fc's selling in the mid to upper teens and "good" fc's selling in the low to mid $30's. none were a 1965 eight door deluxe greenbrier - possibly the rarest model ever sold (w all due respect to the 62 loadside).  Add to that the level of restoration on this one and its value is taken up to even another level. I wouldn't be surprised if the reserve on the van is sitting around $35k and the thing eventually clears the $40k hurdle.  I'm pretty comfortable w the value climbing beyond a level of personal affordability - the higher the better imo for one deserving of the price as it only enhances Fc values for the rest of us.

Kudos to Duane Wentlandt for his skills, care, and the meticulous detail he puts into his restoration projects.

Ps...no this is not a paid endorsement!😄  I just hope my 64 van rebuild turns out half as nice as this one.

Rod
64 gb dlx (only 6 doors)
3rc
Pittsburgh

Mobile device...Have a great day!

> On Jan 19, 2015, at 5:12 PM, hallgrenn--- via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:
>

> FWIW both FCs now have bids north of $20K and the reserves haven't been met.
>
> Bob

Rod Murray
Senior Director, Production and Game Presentation
Pittsburgh Penguins
rmurray at pittsburghpenguins.com
Office: 412-255-1906 | Fax: 412-255-1980 | Mobile: 412-719-3449
CONSOL Energy Center | 1001 Fifth Avenue | Pittsburgh, PA | 15219