<VV> Fuel/Driveability

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 15:55:00 EST 2015

                                                              B"H
I did some more poking around on the Internet and for now I've ordered a Holley fuel pressure regulator (1-4 psi 12-804), as this seems the be the one recommended by Corvair guys.  And it's definitely cheaper than Clark's regulator.
Once I've gotten this installed, I'll recheck pressure.  I can't see how the pressure of an electric pump is so high, but it would definitely explain why gas is dripping inside both carbs at idle at the same time.  And of course, the idle is very unsteady, increasing when the gas hits the combustion chamber.
I'm hoping this will be the cure, because only a few weeks ago this car was running smooth as butter, both at idle and when accelerating.
Since we're expecting a blizzard tomorrow, my Monza's going to get a nice vacation in her heated garage. :)
Best regards to all...Bill Hershkowitz   66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG  A/C