<VV> o ring shelf life

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Wed Jul 1 13:04:23 EDT 2015

Smitty Says;  Serving as a Supply Petty officer in the Navy Airforce a number of times, required constantly keeping a supply of o rings on hand.  Every quarter we had to go through the ones on hand and throw away all that were over a couple of years old.  The industry pays no attention to shelf life for most rings and considers most to have an unlimited shelf life.  The few that are limited have a 15 year life.   I was always amused by the difference in cost, buying them on the outside.  The military delivered cost was 2 to 5 cents each while the same on the outside would run as high as 50 cents each.