<VV> Display cars @ Convention

James P. Rice ricebugg at comcast.net
Wed Jul 1 12:21:20 EDT 2015

To Seth and to --H:  Thank you both for you replies on this topic.  Both
were intelligent, thoughtful and informative.  You both done good.

Bill also signed off saying:  "Bill Hubbell, President, Stock Corvair Group,
and one of  a few remaining CORSA members who "give a damn" about preserving
and  recognizing originality."

I think this is a gross overstatement that you are one of the few.  Lots of
us care.  Even me, who view all cars as a starting point for my
creativity...or bad taste!  All the Corvairs I've had were well past being
original when I got them.  A couple were beyond practical saving.  Give all
of us some credit here.  We do care a lot about preserving originals, but
not with the zeal and fire breathing passion you have.

Your main beef seems to be the car wasn't treated properly, as you
understand the concept.  If the owner wasn't upset, why are you?  Does he
care about originality less than you?

So what are you planning to do to "fix" what you think needs fixing?  Talk
to the folks responsible to see that this doesn't happen again, if indeed it
was an ill treated car.   Just as an idea: I hope you contact the folks at
PCCA and ask them to once again ask the owner to bring the car and then have
it on display in the hotel lobby or the like during the Convention at
Springfield IL. next year.  Just a thought.

Now maybe we can return to our regularly scheduled program.

Historically Yours,
                           James

Message: 2