<VV> '62 Monza Distributor.

Ron Hinz ronh at owt.com
Thu Jul 9 01:28:10 EDT 2015

My ‘62 Monza runs terribly and barely made it home recently from a nearby car show.  The engine runs very unevenly with an on/off feeling.  On checking the Pertronix equipped distributor, I noticed significant vertical play of about 3/16” in the distributor shaft.  Is this a normal amount of free play?  I was planning to remove the Pertronix and try points to see if the Pertronix could be the culprit.  Since the uneven running exists at all speeds with a stall at stoplights, I am thinking that it’s not a fuel flow problem.

Any ideas on this?
Ron Hinz