<VV> '62 Monza Distributor. / shaft play?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Wed Jul 8 02:01:42 EDT 2015

My ‘62 Monza runs terribly and barely made it home recently from a nearby car
show.  The engine runs very unevenly with an on/off feeling.  On checking the
Pertronix equipped distributor, I noticed significant vertical play of about
3/16” in the distributor shaft.  Is this a normal amount of free play?  I was
planning to remove the Pertronix and try points to see if the Pertronix could be
the culprit.  Since the uneven running exists at all speeds with a stall at
stoplights, I am thinking that it’s not a fuel flow problem.

Any ideas on
this?
Ron Hinz

 The play is normal ...

Swap out the coil 1st [ easiest]  then the PetX

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages