<VV> '62 Monza Distributor.

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Wed Jul 8 15:12:34 EDT 2015

On 7/8/2015 9:19 AM, Tim Bramble wrote:
> Jay If it is the 12 volt Pertronix there is a problem with them. I had
> to remove the 12 volt version from my 69 Monza. It failed. The
> original Pertronix was 8 volt or somewhere around there. That one
> going strong in my 64 Monza for over 8 years now. I can't speak to the
> vertical play but try points first. If that corrects your problem then
> its a failed Pertronix unit. Oh I complained to pertronic about it
> but it did now good. According to them they didn't have a problem. I
> believe the 12 volt version can't handle the heat in the corvair
> engine compartment    Good luck Tim
Hi, Tim
Fair enough -  if you have a unit with known issues, you have to suspect
it first.
But funky connectors and old wires can cause lots of grief - and aren't
fixed by replacing other stuff.
Except, when you wiggle the wires replacing the other stuff, the wire
might act ok for a while - making you think that the replaced item was
really the problem.
Most of us have been down that road - it keeps things interesting.
Regards
Jay

--
Jay Maechtlen