<VV> Video of Noisy 110 Engine 1965 Monza

chaz at properproper.com chaz at properproper.com
Mon Jul 20 21:49:47 EDT 2015

Mark and VV'ers ~

I may not have mention it, but this rapping noise started
instantaneously while driving normally (after 5000+ miles of quiet
performance), so it did not "build up" to being noisy, just "all of a
sudden" rapping, even startling me, like I hit something (which I
didn't.)

Also, the compression, which I've checked twice now, is consistently
100-125 on all cylinders.

I watched the valve stems (eyeballed against the head) for any visibly
noticeable difference in lift as in the videos, but saw nothing.

I'll stethoscope it next and look for a good, conclusive reason to pull
the head off, only if necessary.

Thanks for the insights
Charlie