<VV> PG Problems

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Jul 20 23:13:59 EDT 2015

E-clips usually fail because of a leak in the modulator vacuum line, or
when the modulator fails.  You are correct in that there is no
connection between the e-clip failure and the governor's gear having no
teeth.   I only included the e-clip info because he asked about it.

If the PowerGlide stack has to much play or to little, it won't shift.
The fluid for the drive clutch comes through the front pump housing and
goes between the two steel slip ring seals into the drive clutch.  If
the stack moves more than 1/4" from where it is supposed to be the slip
rings will cover up the orifice and no fluid will get to the clutch.
Jim Davis