<VV> Carburetor problem?

S M shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 23 21:19:20 EDT 2015

You don't set the balance with the idle mixture screws! Set them both at 1-1/2 turns out to start and don't stray from that by more than 1/2 turn generally... usually out a little more. I'd count the turns in until they're seated gently to see where they are now, before removing them. It doesn't mean they're set properly, I'm just curious.

Balance at idle is set by the idle speed screws. Balance at 2000rpm is set with the adjustable link on the left carb.

I agree with Matt that the left carb seems to be suffering from water in the gas, but will add that the carbs likely need balancing. It wouldn't hurt to do a rebuild on both, using the CORSA Tech Guide to make bench adjustments on them before reinstalling.

Put a quart of Methyl Hydrate in a half tank of gas to alleviate the water issue.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun