<VV> Towing Powerglide

frankcb at aol.com frankcb at aol.com
Sat Jul 25 16:12:51 EDT 2015

Joel,
    Since LM Corvair PG models can be push started they will definitely turn over the engine.  I even used to park my 66 "Joe Cool" Corvair (he had A/C) at the highest corner of the company parking lot and, when work was over, I'd try to start it by simply rolling it in neutral to get up speed, then put it into Drive and it usually got started before I left the parking lot.  As I remember it took about 20 - 25 mph speed to get the engine to turn over enough to start.
    Frank Burkhard
    Boonton, NJ