<VV> Carburetor problem solved

Jim Waddell wadde001 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 16:25:28 EDT 2015

Thanks for all your suggestions. You guys, (Virtual Vairs)
are collectively a genius (or is it geniuses?)
Of the varied suggestions, the winner is....
.... WATER!
I couldn't find methyl hydrate at my FLAPS, so I used
a product whose label said it removes water.
(Gumout "Regane" High Mileage Fuel System Cleaner)
6 oz fro $10.00
Put half a bottle into a little over 1/4 full tank and took her
out on the road. She stalled at the first intersection,
but once I got out into the country and opened her up,
she became her normal self again.
She now purrs again at idle, half throttle, full throttle
and all stages in between. Glad I don't have to tackle
a carb re-build - I might have enjoyed it 20 years ago,
but I've matured a bit since then :-)

If anyone happens to be in the neighborhood of
the Twin Cities (MN, summer) or Naples (FL, winter)
get in touch and I'll buy you a beer, or maybe we'll
drink one of my county fair winning home brews.

Thanks again.

--
Untitled Document                       *   |
    .=====____=====.   |   | Jim Waddell
|  | `^^^^^^^^^^^' |  |   | [Best viewed in monospaced font]