<VV> 1965 180 Question

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 08:55:03 EDT 2015

Ted, one possibility is ignition timing. Your initial timing should be 24 BTDC, then there is no advance until the mechanical advance picks up at 4000 RPM. If your initial timing is retarded, it may not have enough advance to run well once it hits 3000 RPM, but when the mechanical advance starts it moves it enough to run better. Worth a check anyway.  <<Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 17:45:38 -0500