<VV> 45th convention

airvair airvair at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 13 15:35:06 EDT 2015

All,

This is the 45th CORSA convention, and I was wondering who all is left who was at the first convention in Chicago. I know Larry and Ron will undoubtedly be there.

At the 40th convention in Iowa, I found that there were close to a dozen who had attended the first convention. We never got a picture together like I had wanted to do, but I was fortunate to get Tom Seversin and his '64 Sprint convert together with my '67 Monza convert, and the four of us (2 people, 2 cars, all were at the first convention) for some pictures. I don't know what happened to the pictures, as I never received any of them. But I know both Tom and I were very happy about getting the shots together.

With Tom's passing, I guess I'm the only one who still has the same car I had at that first convention. I was thinking that it might be nice if those who were at that first convention could meet at some point during the convention for a photo-op. I suggest just before the banquet out by my car. It's a maroon '67 convert w/white top and black interior, 110, automatic, and factory a/c. Everything but the paint is original, and it's well-equipped, so it should be easily spotted. I'll try to park it close to the banquet entrance that evening.

Matt, if you would be so kind as to post this to Corvair Central, as I have been unable to get on since my recent computer crash-and-burn-to-the-ground disaster. Thanks much, Matt, and to all!

-Mark Corbin