<VV> ? Rocker Failure - Third time?

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 00:08:06 EDT 2015

Oil pressure is typical for corvairs.
When I did a running valve adjustment I lost a full quart per side, 5
minutes running per side, maybe a bit more.
I too have Elgin deep dimple lifters, so what is different?
I bought new push rods. I do not know all the dynamics in play here, but if
you have not replaced the push rods, do. They may be worn enough on the
ends so they won't rotate fast enough to keep things lubricated.
Another thought is that I too bought Clark's higher pressure oil pressure
spring and new relief valve to ensure maximum pressure, to flow more oil. I
would think 1/4 quart in 5 minutes would be plenty. Also, if not using a
full synthetic, switch now. It's these high temp and pressure situations
that break down dino oils. I think you said Brad Penn oil? Frankly it does
not fare very well in psi friction  tests. Mobil 1 5w40 turbo diesel truck
at wallys world has 1250 zinc and 1130 phosphorus, plenty for our engines
and is so slippery I could hardly hold on to the tools to do the valve
adjustment!
Mark Durham
Hauser Idaho.