<VV> Classification and Scoring

Kenneth Schifftner scrubbr at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 29 13:39:31 EDT 2015

Jim:

One of the reasons for classification is the goal of fairness.  If you noticed, all of the Senior Division vehicles were grouped together.  The Concours leaders do this so that the judges compare apples to apples.  My section started in the Late Senior group and it definitely helps in the judging.  A baseline is established that flows to the other vehicles.

The idea of publishing the basic requirements of the Concours recognizes the fact (at least from what I've seen) that though the full Rules are published, folks don't read them.  A nice summary might help.  Just the basics.  When to register, what info must be provided, what will happen at Unit 6, what is expected of the participant at Concours set up, what is expected during Concours, etc..

Ken Schifftner