<VV> Crossover pipe

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Wed Mar 4 15:06:27 EST 2015

Smitty Says;  I don't know what the manufacturers were thinking in some
cases making crossover pipes. I have had some where the right manifold pipe
stobbed straight into the crossover.  Some were made with a large pipe
coming from the left and a smaller pipe from the right sweeping into it.
Also have seen ones that had smaller pipe coming from both sides and
blending in to a larger (Muffler size pipe) where they joined together.
Then there were the really cute symmetrical pipes where both sides coming
off the manifolds curved toward the center of the car ?????.  The exhaust
pipe going to the muffler was the same small size.  The effect of that one
was that the exhaust from the right manifold had to enter the muffler pipe
opposed to the exhaust coming from the left side, and make a "U" turn to
exit.  These pipes I am speaking of were all new manufactured and not
something somebody had cobbled up.