<VV> Yvonne Kirkman Passes

movair at aol.com movair at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 12:15:47 EDT 2015

  It's my sad duty to inform to all who knew her, that Yvonne Kirkman, wife of the late "Big John" Kirkman, has passed away in her sleep this morning between 3:30 and 4:00 am, March 15th at Newton County Hospital in Covington, GA.
She and John, long time members of CORSA and Corvair Atlanta, were a lovely pair who enjoyed attending the Springfest shows in Helen, GA. and the Heart of Georgia shows in Warner Robbins, GA. In past years, many of you may remember seeing Yvonne selling raffle and door prize tickets at the Helen show. I believe that due to declining health, it had been at least four years since they last went to a show. That said, Yvonne and I talked often about what was happening in the club and spoke about members. She was still interested in the club, even though she hadn't been to a meeting in a long time. Club newsletters kept her informed and involved, something she loved to talk about.

  I was just over to visit her this past Thursday and she was quite alert and happy to see me. She was alert and we spoke for some time, her eyes clear and shining as they always did and as I'll always remember. She and John were some of my dearest friends and I will miss them both.

  Funeral arrangements at this time are still pending. Please keep Yvonne in your thoughts and prayers.

                Kelly Parker
              Corvair Atlanta