<VV> larger wheels and tires

jlstuk at juno.com jlstuk at juno.com
Tue Mar 24 11:04:07 EDT 2015

Ray, On my 66 V-8 Corsa cpe I'm running the 15" aluminum Camaro wheels with 205-60 x 15 on the front and 235-60 x 15 on the rear. I have a stock suspension but with the radiator and spare tire up front it probably sets a little lower. The 235's are too large for the rear. I had to trim the wheel wells a little. I am using convertible springs in the rear (they are two inches longer) to offset the slightly heavier Aluminum Olds V-8 engine. I have had no problems with rubbing up front but I did in the rear. Should have gone with 225's The Camaro wheels work fine and look good, but because they are thicker I installed 65-82 Corvette wheels studs to get more thread engagement. They are the same 7/16, but are a little longer. If you use the Camaro wheels don't use the lug nuts as they are metric thread. They thread on the 7/16" lugs but do  not have the proper thread engagement. Get some aftermarket 7/16" nuts for the Al wheels.  Jim Stukenborg