<VV> Larger wheel and tire sizes.

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Mar 27 14:21:27 EDT 2015

On Mar 24, 2015, at 7:28 AM, Ray Chapman via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

>          Have a 67' coupe that has a lowered, 1 1/2".  Disc brakes on the front.  Years ago I ran the 14 x 6" Chevy rally wheel with E70 14's, ya awhile ago.  Did have some slight rubbing issues at full turn.  Had stock suspension then.  Any help the tire size, wheel size, offset would be appreciated.  Will the five spoke alloy 15"wheel from an 82' thru 86' Camaro work?

Short answer - the 15x7 Camaro wheel has been often used on Corvairs, generally a 205/60-15 is a good tire choice, just check the usual spots on the front, you may need to slightly massage the inside of the fender.

Long answer - http://autoxer.skiblack.com/tires.html
Examples - http://autoxer.skiblack.com/wheelpics.html

--Bryan