<VV> seat tracks

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Mar 27 11:11:36 EDT 2015

On Mar 27, 2015, at 8:31 AM, bob p via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

> anyone happen to know if camaro seat tracks will fit the corvair? i'm thinking they are the same. i want to chang the seats out in my car but i don't want to wreck the seats in it now so i will look for another set of tracks to cahge them out with and i have a handle on camaro tracks? thanks

Hi Bob,

To my knowledge there aren't any direct bolt in seats for a Corvair, they all take a certain amount of adaptation.  The Camaro is definitely different, as are all the RWD cars I've seen since there is the tunnel for the driveshaft so the floor isn't flat.  In general, FWD cars are a much easier swap since they generally have flat floors, but even there the bolt patterns vary somewhat so you should expect to open up mounting holes or need new feet.  I'm currently swapping a set of '02 Neon R/T seats into our '66, the tracks are close to the same width and the feet are riveted on, so I just have to fab up some new feet out of T-bar.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150