<VV> seat tracks

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Mar 27 12:15:11 EDT 2015

Bob - except for aftermarket seats, designed for adaptability, there are no
 OEM seats that "Bolt-into" the same mounting holes on the Corvair. It
helps to  know the year of your car. I assume it has bucket seats. Many people
have adapted other seats into the Corvair, most have done it without
damaging  the original mounts, some have added more holes. What year of Camaro
seats have  you looked at? the 93-2002 Camaro front seat isn't too bad for
adapting in. On  the Corvair, the inner rear mounting points - that is the right
rear on the  drivers seat, the left rear on the passengers seat are located
at a lower level  than the others. Any fabricated mounts will have to take
that into  consideration. On other note, when seeking out other seats,
remember that many  4-door front seats do not have seat backs that lean forward
for entry to  the rear seat. You don't need a post-installation Homer Simpson
"DOH!"  moment.

-Seth Emerson

In a message dated 3/27/2015 5:31:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,