<VV> tire question

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Fri May 8 15:33:36 EDT 2015

Generally the wider the wheel and the shorter the tire sidewall the better as far as stability goes.  I switched a Greenbrier from the stock 14" wheels with 195/70s to a 15x7" wheel with 215/65 tires and it made a world of difference.  It was especially noticeable in crosswinds.
You're going the wrong direction in wheel width and the wrong direction in sidewall height compared to a 185/70R13.
All that said - if you don't drive hard or in crosswinds you might not notice too much.

Joel McGregor