<VV> Rear Seat Belts

movair at aol.com movair at aol.com
Sun May 17 15:00:55 EDT 2015

Hello All!

    Currently I'm working on the late "Big John" Kirkman"s !964 Monza coupe that he and his late wife, Yvonne left me. For those in the know in the Corvair Atlanta and Heart of Georgia Corvair community, this car sat in John's basement/garage for close to 30 years. It's Ermine White with Metallic Turquoise interior and heavily optioned, to include A/C, tinted glass, dash mounted clock, and other items. After a very long hiatus, it's running again just this week.
    I have counted 20 factory or dealer installed items on this car, including some that may have been installed by previous owners before John bought it. One item that I'm curious about is the rear seat belts. Were they ever available as an option for the 64 model year and were they factory or dealer installed? They are correct color and have the deluxe buckles as the fronts do.
    It's not driveable as yet. A small amount of gas was still in the tank. That will have to be addressed, as well as carb rework and inspecting the brake system. The master cylinder has already been rebuilt and pumps up nicely. Just have to work on the corners for weak hoses, brake lines, and shoes.
    It's in pretty good shape for a car that's been stored for almost three decades The odometer reads 91,010. It's has a 110 with Powerglide. John was it's fifth owner and I hope to do the car the justice it deserves. It will quite possibly be the nicest Corvair I will ever own. And I have the Kirkman's to thank for that.
    Please help with any seat belt info you can. Thanks!!

              Kelly Parker
           Corvair Atlanta