<VV> Jefferson 500 at Summit Point, WV

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Mon May 18 17:20:33 EDT 2015

Dave Edsinger, #18, and I, #73, raced this past weekend at Summit Point Raceway, Summit Point, WV. The event was the Jefferson 500. Smitty came up to help, keep us company, act as our trunk monkey.. He drove his recently repainted wagon from Virginia Beach. He had more attention and received more compliments than the racers!

Dave and I went out on the Thursday test day with minor issues. He had none all weekend. I had an overcharging alternator. Ended up running without one in one race. Dumped over an overflow bottle resulting in a lot of oil to cleanup in right fender. Otherwise, few issues. We both raced on Friday and Saturday. I didn't on Sunday while Dave did race. I had a lower cold oil pressure and was worried about it. I want to check that out.

I recently rebuilt and installed an engine. The heads were done by Tom Knoblauch and flow very well. Car pulled strongly past 7000 rpm. After checking it out, I tried to keep it around 6500. Slower, but car ran well.

Dave Edsinger ran up front doing very well. I was mid-pack and improved during the event, moving up to tenth in one event.. In our group, car counts varied between 37 and 20, depending on the event.

We both raced in the IMSA 2.5L  Reunion.   Dave has a Yenko Stinger that participated in the Marlboro race. The reunion organizers are great guys and glad to have us racing with them. The Reunion will be part of the Jeff. 500 next year and hopes to do another event with VRG (the folks who put on the Jeff 500 for Brian Redman and the track).

A great weekend.

Chuck Sadek
YS 73