<VV> [fastvair] Re: Fuel leakage

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Sun May 24 19:37:26 EDT 2015

On 5/22/2015 10:21 PM, Sethracer at aol.com wrote:
> Jay - Depends?
Yesterday I actually worked on the beast.
I pulled the filler, and cleaned it out thoroughly. Wire brush on
inside, compressed air. Got lots of white dust and crud out of there.
Drilled a hole and added a vent line to it, across where the stock vent
tube connects.
A piece of 1/4" fuel hose goes from there to the bottom of a catch can I
brewed up.
Any gas that does make it to the vent line should stay in the catch can.

I then modified the gas cap so that it seals tightly. There will be no
leaking past the cap.
(at least, it held against lung pressure and didn't pass any bubbles
into a can of water)
So, I need to fill it up and throw it around, to see how much gas gets
into the catch can

Oh, yes - in examining the fill neck assembly, the inner tube comes up
pretty close to the cap.
I made and mounted around plastic disk to the cap that goes into that
neck section.
When gas comes sloshing up the neck, that plug will stop most of it, so
the gas cap has less to block.

None of you guys mentioned that, but if you're running a vented cap it
could make a difference.

Regards
Jay

--