<VV> FW: 140 guys please help

Tom Berg TBerg at truckinginfo.com
Sun May 24 22:45:07 EDT 2015

Folks,

Please see Ralph’s plea below.

--Tom in Ohio

From: Ralphsebrell [mailto:ralphsebrell at aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2015 8:32 PM
To: Tom Berg
Subject: Fwd: 140 guys please help

I'm TRYING to send this to the group, but after 4 trys,,, would you forward please?

If any of you 140 people have experienced this and resolved it please help me.

It sharts with a slight miss, light load, in town, light throttle. Over time it will progress to be quite noticeable. I won't let get so far as to backfire.

Found the points rub arm worn to a frazzle (plastic) NOT THAT OLD  Reset and same.

New points, and the same.Points set 16/17  Timing set to the HI end of the scale
Marithon Hi Test

Guy on Vurtual Vairs suggested I had too much advance and to remove and plug the vac line and see if that helps. Good in town, so out to the freeway, 70mph, ran 90%

Vac line back on,,, same same

I really want to drive to Knoxville, BUT,,,,,
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Ralph