<VV> Autozone alternators

hank kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Nov 4 17:53:46 EST 2015

O'Reilly Auto Parts still has the Corvair Alternator.  You may have to get
it online or from a USA store.

Autozone and Advance have the worst rebuilt hard parts of any of the chains.

When working as a mgr for Advance, a customer asked me to "Clock" the
alternator for him.  When I took it apart, I saw that the diode had been
SANDBLASTED.

"Uh, I don't think you want this one sir".

Unless you HAVE to run stock, get a high amp alternator from a late
70's/early 80's Chevy, and just use the Corvair base and fan.  Put the one
the alt comes with on the core---they'll never know the difference.
Then rewire for internally regulated Alt---less than 15.00, and you'll have
quadruple the amperage of the stock unit.

HANK